Be a Part of our Forest Defense Task Force!
The Wild Virginia Forest Defense Task Force wants you! Training will include:
- Basic tree, plant and species identification
- Forest structure and succession
- History of forest management
- Environmental laws and regulation
- Active participation in forest planning and implementation
The Wild Virginia Forest Defense Task Force will be responsible for the following activities:
-Analyze and review all forest service projects including logging; oil, gas and mineral extraction; burning and road building.
-Work with the forest service and recommend proactive alternatives to resource extraction and harmful forest management.
-Monitor projects before, during and after implementation to gather important information, minimize watershed impacts and improve management.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the next training.