Wild Virginia is a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to preserving wild forest ecosystems in Virginia’s national forests through education and advocacy.
These are our favorite places and we want to protect them for future generations.
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline and Mountain Valley Pipelines – We are committed to stopping the pipeline.
- Forest Watch – Monitor all timber sales and other proposed projects in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.
- Fracking Campaign – Continue to fight fracking and other types of oil and gas drilling in Virginia’s national forests. We also take citizens, media, students and elected representatives on tours to see first-hand the impacts of this destructive industry.
- Outings and Education – Organize and lead interpretive hikes with special emphasis this year on youth and student involvement. We believe that the places you experience are the places you come to love and care about.
- Trainings – Host trainings with Trout Unlimited to teach volunteers how to monitor water quality in Virginia’s national forests. Host trainings on how to understand projects in the forests and make your voice heard.
- Wild and Scenic Film Festivals – Inspire citizens to action through our Wild and Scenic Film Festivals in Charlottesville, Staunton and Harrisonburg each year.
- Water Quality Monitoring
Wild Virginia hosts trainings with Trout Unlimited
to teach volunteers how to monitor water quality.
Contact us to find out how you can help.