Wild Virginia is a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to preserving wild forest ecosystems in Virginia’s national forests through education and advocacy.
These are our favorite places and we want to protect them for future generations.
Some of our recent activities:
- Monitor all timber sales and other proposed projects in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.
- Host trainings on how to understand those projects and make your voice heard.
- Continue to fight fracking and other types of oil and gas drilling in Virginia’s national forests. We also take citizens, media, students and elected representatives on tours to see first-hand the impacts of this destructive industry.
- Organize and lead interpretive hikes with special emphasis this year on youth and student involvement. We believe that the places you experience are the places you come to love and care about.
- Host trainings with Trout Unlimited to teach volunteers how to monitor water quality in Virginia’s national forests.
- Inspire citizens to action through our Wild and Scenic Film Festivals in Charlottesville, Staunton and Harrisonburg each year.